Here are some tips you should know in order to be prepared for dental implants.
A Tooth Implant is a process that requires several surgical treatments. If you are looking to replace missing teeth without dentures, this procedure is right for you. Nearly every clinic that offers dental implants is able provide the. You should still remember that you need to undergo an entire dental examination before you can get a Implant. Apart from passing the dental exam, it is vital to have a strong jawbone and healthy tissues that can support the implant.
Here you are. Here are the things that you must be aware of if you intend to undergo a Dental Implant:
- Thorough dental evaluation. Dental implants differ from extraction of teeth. This is why it’s crucial to be prepared for thorough dental exams like dental X-rays, CT and mouth examinations. The dental examinations will help you avoid possible dental problems before and after the Dental Implant.
- It is not possible to eat or drink for longer than 8-12 hours. This restriction applies only to patients who won’t use local anaesthesia during implant surgery. If you will be under sedation, then your doctor or the dentist will tell you to not drink or eat during the period of time. This will lessen nausea after the procedure.
- Maintain a good physical state. Similar to any other procedure it is important to be sure you’re in good physical shape prior to your treatment. Beware of activities that may trigger a cold, fever or the flu. Health maintenance can be as simple as eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly.
- Follow the prescription medication. You’ll be prescribed an antibiotic by your doctor or dentist. It is recommended to take it an hour prior to when you are scheduled to visit the dentist for an implant procedure. Follow the instructions. If you are an allergic reaction to something, consult your doctor. He can prescribe the proper medication or make a special treatment.
- Gum decay and gum disease treatment. You’ll be asked to treat any teeth that are decayed that are causing gum disease before you have your tooth surgery. This is crucial because it will help in preventing gum disease from getting worse. This is to ensure that your Tooth Implant is not infected. If the infection spreads to your jaw and jaw, your Dental Implant may be lost exactly like your natural tooth.